Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Kites

The recent uproar about the latest flick from the Roshan's turned out to be a damp squib . I personally felt being at the receiving end of having undergone the trauma of staying awake for fortnight before the morning show . I had to stay awake due to some work but then the whole idea of going for th first day first show was in itself enough to charge the batteries to the hilt .I reached the venue half an hour prior to the scheduled show and finally ensconced myself in the designated place . Finally the movie started and much to the dismay the first half an hour was absolute turn-off.All the expectations from the movie were set ablaze and the fil started geting on my nerves as it progressed . The fact that half of the movie has been in spanish further exasperated me and i could not make out as to what was Mr. Anurag Basu trying to do . The movie nowhere seemed to be heading to any course and Hrithik was a complete diappointment .This movie is a manifeststion of the fact that merely spending money on the outdoor locations and starcast never adds to the value until it is bolstered by a good plot and screenplay .
I find myself bereft of words to further add glory to this movie and expect that our film industry should be drawing a lesson from this which eventually turned out to be a utter farce .

1 comment:

  1. Hey Pramod,wonderfully written article.I saw 'Kites' a few days back.The second half was a bit dissapointing.You have wonderfully penned down your views with a lot of style and zing! Enjoyed throughly reading your first blog entry.I want more articles to follow from your talented pen ... Kudos!! Way to go !!

    ReplyDelete